Designer Meet Kitchen: Vegetable Skinny Egg Frittatas

07 April 2014



One of my goals this year for the blog was to incorporate some of my other passions and hobbies and also work on some new ones. I have always had a love for cooking and specifically entertaining, so I can have any excuse to throw a party! What are bar carts for after all?

One of my specific goals was to post 12 new recipes on the blog in the next year. So, I thought I better get cookin! I have been meaning to make these veggie frittatas for some time since eggs are hands down one of my favorite foods and I love having something high protein and low carb in the morning to get me through the day! I started my Monday with a large green juice and took these babies to work. Popped them in the microwave this morning and they were fantastic. I plan to make them frequently now since early morning plus long commutes make breakfast time a drag. These would also be great for brunch parties. Throw in your favorite omelet fixins and go! I think next time I will add some chicken sausage for a little kick! 

Skinny Egg Frittatas (yields 6) 

3 whole eggs
2 egg whites (or egg substitute)
3 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
4-5 heads of broccoli stems, (chopped)
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
1 small onion or scallion chopped
salt and peeper to taste 

(chicken sausage, turkey bacon, optional mix-ins)

Directions:
Preheat the over to 350 degrees and prepare your muffin tin with cooking spray or light oil
Beat whole eggs and egg whites and fold in desired chopped toppings
Season with salt and pepper to taste
Pour egg batter into pre-oiled muffin tin
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges

**Notes: Some recipes called for milk and I say skip this part. I made the mistake of adding almond milk my first batch and the entire egg (with broccoli and feta no less) tasted like a lump of eggy almond milk. NOT GOOD people. So I say skip the milk, it also made them a bit watery.

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground